05 November 2008

The Sanity Project

Phew! It’s over.

Which is a fact that is only slowly sinking in. And mostly because I am just too exhausted to comprehend it. Is anyone else tired too? Feeling like the last year was actually much longer? Like a thousand lifetimes were packed into these last few months?

I had no idea I’ve been so obsessed with the process. But here I am: elated (obviously), emotionally tender, inhaling and exhaling deeply for no apparent reason, and in serious need of hibernation a nap.

But I am here to report that the strain of the last week has yielded a new coping mechanism: sewing. Because sometimes knitting is too quiet to drown out all the head noise. You know? But the good, gentle hum of the sewing machine? Well, that can make everything right again.

So, maybe a little inspired by the rain, I made a frog. Or -- I don't know -- maybe more of a tadpole. If, that is, by tadpole you mean fully formed adult frog with no stuffing (remember: very tired over here).

Henrietta VandenFrog

Anyway, her name is Henrietta. She is full of happy and sass. (Someday soon full of beans too.) And I am already quite taken with her.

Nighty-night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sew cute! i love the froggie ^_