01 December 2008

My Grandma

Grandma

Actually, she is Rick’s grandma. But I am adopting her. Or, perhaps more accurately, appropriating her. (sorry Rick) Because she is full of magic and spunk.

Also because she makes a very fetching blonde. Which you can plainly see – even in a cell-phone-quality picture.

What you can’t see here is the pink lace bustier she presented to us moments later. The one that she wears when she becomes “Elvira.” Along with the blonde wig, that is.

This is the newest in the string of alter egos she adopts for the benefit of the kitchen band she’s part of. And when she's not playing funny to the emcee's straight-man routine, I think she plays the washboard. (Her mother, she bragged, used to play the saw. No small feat, I gather.)

Ah! To be 93...

P.S. Thanksgiving was lovely over here. I hope yours was too.

No comments: