27 November 2008

Once Upon A Thanksgiving, I Think

happy thanksgiving easter bunny

There's a lot going on in this picture, I know.

I mean, besides the out-of-focus bit. (But I find that charming, actually. The fact that such a staged photo should end up looking so spontaneously taken. Like the moment was rushed and unexpected.)

That is plainly an Easter lily back there. And I am wearing what I will casually pretend was my Halloween costume. (Though, if you are pressing me for honesty, I am obliged to admit that I wore the Snow White dress my mom made for me nearly every day.)

But: I do see mums in that wheelbarrow. And a pheasant -- or possibly turkey -- figurine hanging out in there too, so I'm calling Thanksgiving. And I'm calling it good.

(I miss my grandma's backyard. It was a place of beauty.)

Which brings me to: Happy Thanksgiving!

Travel safely. Eat well.

See you later. xo.

No comments: