26 December 2008

Gift Craft

To exploit the sewing skills freshly honed from my intro class, I thought I'd whip up some zippered pouches for the girls on my list. And two short days of sewing and cussing and tweaking and re-sewing later: viola! two pouches.

(I will master those damn zippers though. Soon they will be forced to acknowledge my mad, zipper-taming skills. Take that! wily zipper! I will not cower before your snarling teeth!)

Where was I?

Yes...number 1:

P1150176.JPG


i (heart) pleats
pleats! I squee!

a bit like a disco

a zippered pouch, manufacted with guidance from this tutorial.
The snazzy pleat detail I borrowed from here.

And number 2:

like holly
looks a bit like holly

test drive


it's better than bad, it's wood

a boxy pouch in faux woodgrain!

And I am all ! about it. I had to resist !ing every word up there. (It's a lot of goodness for one short sentence.)

I thought the pleats would be my hands-down favorite. But, nope. I am sucker for the cube, I discover. And if, perhaps, you are as well, the tutorial is here. Full warning though: these will multiply like tribbles.

Give it a try. You'll see what I mean.

1 comment:

Jess said...

the faux wood grain is inbelieveably cute. and the pleat is pretty great itself. i wish i was better at sewing. i can knit up a storm, but everything i sew goes straight to hell.