10 November 2008

Open Door


Invitation

If you are a dreamer, come in,
If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar,
A hope-er, a pray-er, a magic bean buyer…
If you’re a pretender, come sit by my fire
For we have some flax-golden tales to spin.
Come in!
Come in!

-Shel Silverstein, Where the Sidewalk Ends

*****

At lunch today in one of the conference rooms I overheard a guitarist and a cellist rehearsing. Which is an extraordinary thing enough in itself; I work in an office with cubicles and TPS reports. But it struck me especially because Rick has a yearning to take up guitar (again). And I have a long-standing love affair with the cello. It just never occurred to me to put them together.

So, if I needed permission – if I were waiting for a sign – this is it, I guess.

Yes to yellow. Yes to cellos. Yes to dreams. Yes to aspirations.

I welcome you all.

Come in!
Come in!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the photographs are so gorgeous, they all share a real magical light.