04 October 2008

Friday Night Lights

My idea of a hot Friday-night date?

Ikea.

(Um, really.)

But it's not so bad, if you think about it. In this nighttime, sparsely populated version of Ikea there is plenty of space to look into each other's eyes and dream of future versions of you:

Are we the sort of couple who has a teal leather sectional and a black and white striped carpet? Or are we rather two roll-arm chairs with loose slipcovers and an oak stained entertainment cabinet? Oh -- or side-to-side chaises and wall-to-wall bookcases?

And:

And if there were ever a little one, I should think pink and orange cubbies would be cute.

It's playing house for grown-ups. In the nicest of ways.

Oh, alright. There is also a little bit of:

Do you remember when we were the black leather sofa? Or when we were the studio? Ah, we had no idea what to do then. It would be so different now...

Also, Friday-night Ikea is a good place to practice snapping pictures.

(I'm just saying is all.)




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I adore this post!
I just found your blog and I love it :)