17 September 2008

What Was, Once

This is the typewriter guy from Sesame Street demonstrating
how it is over here at odd pear lately. (I found him here.)

And while I'm on the topic of what used to be,
let me also confess that I once wanted to get a typewriter guy tattoo.
You know, because I like to write and all.


It used to be that I could whip out a thousand-word essay for class in 45 minutes flat. (Not stellar scholarship, mind you, but certainly better than good enough.) I could even manage to edit said essay in between ejecting and inserting slides manually into a projector upon uncertain queues from a teacher for the benefit of an art history class I wasn't even taking.

*sigh* I used to be sufficiently ambidextrous.

Now this less-than-thousand-word paper I've been assigned for my US History class (due tomorrow!) has me all tied up in knots. Too much space! Not enough space! And ack! What will I actually say?!

(Rick is tickled by my self-inflicted agony. "You write a thousand words all the time," he reminds me. Some entries on this very blog are a case in point.)

Nonetheless: crap!

Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

a typewriter tattoo would be lovely ...

also, your blog is superb and sublime and I am so very glad I found it this early Thursday morning. ^_^

Erin said...

Aw! That totally makes my day. Thanks for the kind words.