27 August 2008

Making, Once Again

Please pardon my crappy Photoshop work, but the floor was a mess.

Pattern: the Marsan Watchcap by Staceyjoy Elkin
Yarn: Dark Horse Yarns Fantasy, color FA-12
Needles: 7s all the way
* * *
Guess what! I made something!

These hands -- the ones connected to my wrists, my arms, my frazzled mind -- engaged the service of five needles and looped and tugged at yarn until it found its way into the shape of a snuggly, twisted rib hat.

And any trepidation I might have felt about starting, about picking at what I feared might become a seemingly never-ending spiral of stitches, about getting distracted or becoming dissatisfied and abandoning the process halfway through never bore any fruit, it seems. Well, clearly not. Because:

This hat.
Is.
Done.

Even more done in life than it is in this photo.

Actually, the knitting part went swimmingly. The knitting part was glorious and lovely. The knitting part, though it did begin at the point of my diminished expectations, took off full throttle in exactly the opposite direction.

There is joy there again now, where there wasn't much before. I feel the romance is rekindled.

(Happily, this coincides nicely with the sudden bumper crop of sweaters and clever outerwear I dream about casting on for Fall.)

In fact, in my very-first-of-the-year-FO afterglow, I have even gone and started another hat.

I'll be donating these, by the way, through the Knitters for Obama group on Ravelry.

Watch me now, hey! Knit! Knit!

(Because, you know, everyone punctuates a knitting reverie with a little shot of The Blues Brothers. Um, revamped for the occasion, of course.)

1 comment:

BEESTLYproducts said...

i dig it.
i wouldn't have even noticec the PSing, haha.