21 July 2008

Day Five, In Which She is Rebuffed

Silly me. I had begun to imagine that the new Polaroid and I were hitting it off. We had a few dates. They went pretty well. Time for the next level? Of course, I thought. Emphatically. So I invited her inside.

Yeah. The Polaroid, it turns out, had other ideas for me. The results of my earnest endeavor? Not particularly fantastic. Generously speaking. Some of us might even be tempted to say downright awful. Witness:

And this:

So what, exactly, was it I thought would happen? Well...chemistry -- when you get down to it. Maybe a bit of luck too.

I was thinking that our little point-and-shoot session might result in something more like

or

Well, the plus side here is that I have at least learned a
new trick or two with the digital camera. So not all is lost, right?

Oh -- hey -- I know what you must be thinking: Have the Polaroid and I split permanently? Will we ever go out again? What does this mean for the Week of Wonder? And: Gah! Am I required to take sides in this quarrel?

Not to worry. The Polaroid has finally returned my series of apologetic phone calls. We seem to have smoothed things over. I just, you know, have to remember not to move so quickly next time.

Nope, indeed. S l o w and s t e a d y is how we roll. Or how we will roll from now on, that is.

Hunh! Cameras!

[p.s. to Polaroid: Aw baby, it's all in good fun. You know I still love you, my sweet sugarplum.]

No comments: