24 June 2008

The Boss Lady

The tomatoes are staging a revolution. Militias of whiteflies are invading. I can see their armies pouring across the terrain in increasing numbers every day.

I am doing everything I can to quash this coup. Because -- uh-huh, that's right -- I rule like a dictator over my tomato minions. Mount an insurgency against me?! I'll squash you like the little asshole bugs you are. Mwah-hah-ha!

And every morning, after my exercise in power, this is the face I see in the doorway. My little one, waiting for me to be done with this already. It's just that, I can't tell if she's thinking:

a) I can't believe the nerve of those stupid flies. Daring to cross you! Don't they realize the cunning, the greatness of the leader they seek to overthrow?
or
b) Cut the grandeur Mom. And what's so interesting about those damn plants, anyway? All they do is sit there. Now get your ass inside and pet me!

Um, nevermind. I know exactly which one it is.

No comments: